This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing a ton of great fall recipes, sharing my secret to making delicious iced coffee at home and talking about our latest food creation; lolipopsicles!
You will find me asking Nick to make grilled sweet potatoes until there’s snow (and then I’ll still probably ask him to grill lol – they’re SO GOOD!)
We tried to let the kids outside when Nick was grilling and he had to keep guarding the grill lol.
I’d definitely recommend grilling before the weather gets too cold, I put together a whole post I reference all the time (which includes what recipes I make and how I grill once/eat all week and even includes a shopping list)
New on the blog:
I am just SO excited to be sharing all this amazing content with you, there’s some serious deliciousness now + coming in the next few months!
- Iced Coffee Recipe – this is a Starbucks copycat recipe and I’m so proud to finally know how to make my own delicious iced coffee at home.
- Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (with cherries) – these are the perfect fall cookie!
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – our weekly update from last week
- Fresh apple cake (with browned butter frosting) – this is THE cake to make with any fresh apples from the season. It is seriously so good (and that frosting…yuuuummm!)
- Fresh herb and cheese flatbread – a fun way to use all those late season herbs and tomatoes!
- Love List – weekly list of some of my favorite things
- Sprinkle Cookie Bars – lots of sweets this week, and these bars are such a fun colorful treat to make.
Theme of the week:
This week, I’m all about cranberry recipes. These are so many great recipes you can make with cranberries, especially baked goods! Plus, fall in Wisconsin is the perfect time to visit a cranberry bog.
- Cranberry walnut crumb dessert bars – I love these as an alternative to pie on Thanksgiving
- Christmas cranberry cosmopolitan – because we could all use a drink around the holidays, am I right?
- Big chocolate chip cranberry cookies – this recipe uses real cranberries and it makes all of the difference
- Orange cranberry cake – orange and cranberry is one of my fave flavor combos
- Steak tacos with cranberry salsa – tart cranberry salsa is a great compliment to the steak tacos
- 5 ingredient holiday punch – great for a group
- Instant Pot pork tenderloin with cranberry – and it’s only 5 ingredients!
- Wisconsin trail mix – a super easy snack
5 recipes to make this week:
- Garden Veggie Quiche – this is a make-ahead recipe that I throw in the freezer and heat when it’s time to eat. Plus it’s a great way to use up any remaining veggies I have around.
- BELTCH Breakfast Sandwich – a great way to start the day
- Thai Shrimp Cakes with Cucumber Salad – healthy and delicious
- Sheet Pan Pizza – we make this on repeat at our house. Easy and fun to do with the kids.
- Asian Chicken and Quinoa Bowls Recipe – love these easy prep bowls
What I’m making:
- Nick made herb butter to go with some amazing steaks he grilled.
- I made zucchini cheddar bread – the kids demanded some immediately
- Quick pickled eggs is seriously my go-to these days. They’re perfect for a quick grab-and-go lunch either on a salad or on a piece of toast!
- Whole wheat honey oat flax bread is a great healthy bread and oh my goodness is it delicious.
- I got this sandwich shapes/cookie cutter set thing for the kids – you put a little fun animal on broccoli and they’ll eat it lol. Ben has been requesting different shapes, it’s too cute.
I loved seeing this comment on my recipe for cinnamon spice roasted carrots, that are only 5 ingredients!
- “These are easy and amazing. I always double the recipe because my family snacks on them right from the pan. If I don’t double the recipe, none make it to the table.”
Things I’m Loving
- Am I the last person on earth to find out about a French press and having it make the best iced coffee? I updated my iced coffee post and have been actually enjoying making coffee at home
- I saw this meme and just laughed!
Item from Amazon you didn’t know you needed
- This dry erase calendar/board is actually a Bridget find which I got after she told me about it. I LOVE it and have it on my fridge. I’m using it also for meal planning and writing down what’s in the freezer so I know options!
What I’m Reading
- I’m reading Anxious People by Fredrik Backman. He’s an incredible writer (wrote A Man Called Ove) and I just get goosebumps reading and getting immersed in the stories.
What I’m Watching
- So happy SNL is back, always cracks me up, and one of my husbands’ favorite comedians (Bill Burr) was the opener.
- Ben and I randomly made popsicles, the only thing I had for a mold was this silicone egg cups mold I use for the Instant Pot, and it worked perfectly, the popsicles actually came out! He calls them lolipopsicles!
- For the popsicles we used 1 kiwi sliced up finely, then ½ cup Greek yogurt, ½ cup milk, 2 Tbs honey
- We stopped trying to do anything with potty training Ben (he goes sometimes, most of the time, but not 100%) and he requested a new potty chart which he hasn’t showed any interest in in forever, so Nick made a prize jar, too cute (also, can I get a prize jar? lol)
- This is how the kids lounge on the couch
- I did some fall crafts with the kids.
- We did lots of blocks building always.
- I took all three kids outside (by myself – that’s a lot of chasing lol) and we had fun in the leaves and I took them on a walk
- Sooo…remember when I told you about that plant that Nick got me, the monstera? Long story short, I had no sunlight for it at our old house, and it was on the edge of death, my friend Ren who is a house plant expert, volunteered to revive it! And she did! Just look at it, it’s happy and healthy and I think is going to love its new home. Ben loves it too.
Did you Know?
Reminder! I mentioned quite a few items above that are found on Amazon. You can easily find any of them, as well as tons of my other fave things, in my Amazon store. Just click shop on the top navigation bar of my website!
Popular this week:
- Most visited blog post: These delicious and easy Cuban pulled pork sandwich sliders.
- Most liked Instagram post: It’s nice to see people still interested in my crazy sourdough journey, haha.
- Most pinned image: always happy to see people wanting to celebrate by creating their own mimosa bar.
- Most viewed YouTube video: this video about some of my favorite cookies.
- Most purchased item: This makeup organizer I have one and can tell you it truly is amazing!
Do you like cooking with cranberries? Any favorite recipe you’d care to share? I always love to hear from you, so just leave a comment below and let me know.