This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, we’re getting into the Christmas spirit and sharing all of the warm and cozy winter recipes to make this week.
We got our Christmas tree up and decorated the house, so it’s officially feeling like the holidays and I love it! Will you be celebrating St. Nick’s this weekend? If so, happy St. Nick’s Day to you!
I know I mentioned baby Sam in last week’s newsletter, but if you’d like to read his birth story, here is the post!!
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com.
- Bananas Foster Chex mix – a fun take on a traditional recipe and a great food gift.
- Weekly meal plan – a week full of recipes and easy-to-create grocery list
- Instant pot pork ragu pasta sauce – a hearty meal perfect for wintertime
- Red wine brownies in a jar – makes delicious brownies and another amazing food gift!
- Love List – our team’s weekly finds from around the web
- Snowman pancakes – so fun to make with kids and easy to make ahead for the freezer.
- Baby Sam birth story – all about our newest bundle of joy!
Well, it’s officially December now and I’m making all things cozy, warm and comforting! Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Potato soup – this version is made without bacon
- Instant Pot baked potato soup – and how about a version with bacon
- Cheesy beef and noodle casserole – only 5 ingredients
- Corn cauliflower chowder – nothing more warming than a chowder
- Slow cooker fire roasted tomato pot roast – a family meal with very little hands-on cook time.
- Chili – plus a great way to set up a chili bar for a party
- Roasted vegetable lasagna – so good and easy to make a whole batch that lasts a few days and reheats well! Eating while baby Sam sleeps and I open my computer for the first time in 2 weeks!!
I love love love hearing for all of you and it’s always so cool to hear from people around the globe! Plus, she’s right, these eggless waffles really are the best!
- “All of your recipes are amazing…I make them all the time. They are super easy to make and lip-smacking as well. Sending love from India”
One reader shared their re-creation of my whole bowl recipe and it looks delicious!
- We put up Christmas decorations!! The kids were so excited. It made Nick and I really get in the holiday spirit and look forward to the season. Ben was a tree decorating champ; he put up 80% of the ornaments, by himself!
- The amount of times we’ve said “look, not touch” has to be in the hundreds by now lol!
- Family walks – we went on a family walk; baby Sam all bundled up!
- Baby/ kid snuggles are the best. A cup of hot cocoa out of a “mum” mug is definitely an added treat (I’m drinking an Abuelitas hot cocoa!)
Have you had a chance to check out all of our gift guides? If you’re running low on ideas, I’ve got ya covered with some great ones below:
- Ultimate gift guide for under $50
- Best gift ideas for Toddlers
- Gift options for beauty lovers
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- My Favorite Cookbooks
You can always shop all of our gift guides plus plenty more ideas here!
- ‘Tis the season for delicious, warm beverages like this mocha made with hot chocolate.
- We just watched Prep and Landing and it was so cute! A great holiday movie option if you have kids in the house.
- It’s soup season so I highly recommend getting an Instant Pot (or adding one to your Christmas list) if you don’t have one already. Making soup is so much easier with one!
What about you – have you decorated yet? Just leave a comment below and let me know, I love hearing from you!